As I drove past the produce stand, I couldn’t help but wonder…
- Is the produce stand closed for the season, and the owner is expressing genuine thanks to the customers?
- Is the produce stand closed for good, and the owner is sarcastically “thanking” (i.e., blaming) his customers?
- Is the produce stand closed for good, and the owner is truthfully (non-sarcastically) blaming the customers for his having to close?
- Did the owner’s sign kit not include punctuation pieces?
- Did the owner even think about how customers might interpret the sign?
- Did anyone but me even think or laugh about it?
- Do I think too much?